Re: [Savannah-users] questions about AGPL, OpenJDK

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] questions about AGPL, OpenJDK
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 22:52:09 GMT

    If I put both client and server under it, wouldn't that mean that
    each client instance would have to offer its source code to the
    server if requested?

It does?  You mean if a user modifies the client?  I don't know about
"back to the server", but they'd presumably have to make sources
available in general.

    I would have to create two projects since I can only choose one
    licence per project.

We can allow it as a special case if you want to go that way.  Although
the database only supports one license field (as far as I know), we
could make that be AGPL and you could state that the client is under the
GPL in the project description (and source files, of course).

Jan answered the rest, I think ...

Best,
Karl