Re: [Savannah-users] How to set up a new project

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] How to set up a new project
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:33:51 +0100

2012/11/7 Luiji Maryo <address@hidden>:
> Last time I checked, CVS is the only way to manage a web page. It's pretty
> slow, but it does the job. There's probably some actual benefit to it that I
> have no idea what is.
>
> As for the Downloads area, that requires you to use rsync (again, last time
> I checked). That's quite a bit better than CVS, but does not store history
> (not really as necessary for this).

Speaking for myself,
I do use sftp/scp to manage the download area
I do not have the need to rsync for that so I don't do that.
(I know you can use rsync with ssh as well  but I don't need rsync
either in this mode)

AFAIK download area is not meant to store history, the VCS does.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org