Re: [Savannah-users] Many repos for one project; integration of non-GNU

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Many repos for one project; integration of non-GNU project
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:47:17 -0600

2011/3/24 Michael J. Flickinger <address@hidden>:
> The simplest solution, and lowest maintenance solution, would be to
> just create another single repository which hosts all this other content.

The problem is that hg doesn't really work that way. Because the
Octave-Forge packages are mostly independent, a person working on one
package probably won't want to clone all other packages, and hg
doesn't yet allow comfortable partial or shallow clones. The current
setup with svn in SourceForge does allow this, but svn has other
problems, and for unification purposes, it makes sense to use the same
VCS for both Octave and Octave-Forge.

I will follow your suggestion to request the separate repos. I hope
that this doesn't create too much work. The  work of converting the
svn repo to individual hg repos I can do myself locally.

Thanks,
- Jordi G. H.