Re: [Savannah-users] Policy for the download area of a project?

From: Andreas K. Foerster
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Policy for the download area of a project?
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 13:13:50 +0200

Am Samstag, dem 05. Jun 2010 schrieb Martin Lambers:

> Hi!
>
> Which files are ok to be put into the download area? Is it strictly
> source code only? Are binary packages ok, even if they are for
> proprietary platforms?

Hello, I' not part of the staff, just a user.

But from my understanding it is okay to put binary packages into the
download area (I do it) as long as the corresponding source code is
there too.

Packages for proprietary systems are okay as long as the functionallity
is also available on free systems. There may be nothing extra for
proprietary systems, only if it's necessary to get it going at all.
So different code for different systems should be okay as long as you
get the same features.

All files in the download area must come with a detached GPG signature.

Hope that's all correct. ;-)

--
AKFoerster