Re: [Savannah-users] mailing list problems with project classpath

From: Mark Wielaard
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 17:08:44 +0100

Hi Karl,

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 15:51 +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
> Mark -- you might want to update the web pages, one way or another.

Which web page is pointing the wrong way?

> list. The list management page for the classpath project just forwards
> to a completely different list at classpath.org.

The address@hidden list is managed from developer.classpath.org, so
it is correct that it redirects to the mailman instance on that machine
if someone wants to sub/unsubscribe through the web interface. The email
interface works as is through @gnu.org addresses which are forwarded
automagically to the developer machine.

This was setup years ago when lists.gnu.org was overloaded and emails to
the list took multiple hours to get through. Since then the list has
been forwarded to the developer machine to make sure email is going
through speedy.

These days lists.gnu.org has enough hardware power and we could also
move the list management back again.

Cheers,

Mark