Re: [Savannah-users] Re: Reapply the account

From: list
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Re: Reapply the account
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 13:02:35 +0200

Am Mittwoch, dem 10. Jun 2009 schrieb Ray Wang:

> Hello Sylvain
>
> > It's just a login name, you can change the real name however you want,
> > this does not prevent you from contributing.
>
> Yes, you are right, but...
>
> > The other websites have similar policies: a username cannot be used
> > successively by 2 different physical persons. "Transfering" accounts
> > will give headache to anybody trying to use the CVS logs, the
> > trackers, etc.
>
> How to recover an account if a user accidentally delete it?
> If it couldn't. The user will register a new account, but
> How do you make his contribution constantly?
> How do you not make people headache when trying to use the CVS logs?

I wasn't aware of this policy either. But I understand the intention
and I think it is good that way.

You already mentioned that that account was held by a different person.
So using the same account for yorself would be definitely misleading.

But is it really such a big problem? You could simply use a similar name,
like rwang or ray_wang or wang or whatever...

I also often have the problem, that my usual name is already registered by
someone else.

--
AKFoerster