Re: [Savannah-users] Error message: my account does not exist

From: Steven Robson
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] Error message: my account does not exist
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:17:06 +0100

On Monday 25 May 2009 09:59:36 Daniel Clemente wrote:
> Hi,
>   today I tried to log in and it seems that my password didn't work.
>   I tried to recover it with this form:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/account/lostpw.php but I got the message:
> Invalid User: This account does not exist or has not been activated
>
>   This is surely not correct, since my user (clemente) does exist, has been
> used to work on projects, and has even a profile:
> https://gna.org/users/clemente
>
>   Maybe my user name is not clemente but my e-mail address?
>
>   I think some message must be improved (either at the login page or at the
> error); since now it isn't clear enough why is it failing.

Hi Daniel,

The error message you got is correct. There is no user "clemente" at Savannah.

Savannah and Gna both use the same piece of software (savane) to build their
sites, so they look similar.

However, the two sites are separate, so having a user on one does not mean
that you have an account on the other. If you want to login to Savannah,
you'll need to have an account here too.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

StevenR
Savannah Admin Team