[Savannah-users] non-fast-forward git push ?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Savannah-users] non-fast-forward git push ?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 07:33:14 +0900

Is there any way (as project admin) I can do a non-fast-forward git push
to savannah?  Right now, even if I use the git-push "-f" option, I get:

   error: denying non-fast forward refs/heads/master (you should pull first)
   To ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/snogray.git
    ! [remote rejected] master -> master (non-fast forward)
   error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/snogray.git'

I know this is a bad idea in general, but occasionally I'll e.g. see a
spelling error in a log message 30 seconds after I do a normal push, and
figure it's worth the risk [I very much doubt anyone is merging from
this repo anyway!]

-Miles

--
Cannon, n. An instrument employed in the rectification of national boundaries.