[Savannah-users] Mime-types issues

From: list
Subject: [Savannah-users] Mime-types issues
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 17:58:36 +0100

Am Montag, dem 12. Jan 2009 schrieb Sylvain Beucler:

> Let us know if one of the download mirrors is slow!
>
> Our tools allow us to check if a mirror is up-to-date, but can't check if it
> has bandwidth issues.  We'll retire slow mirrors and contact their maintainers
> to see if this can be improved.

The server www.very-clever.com is not slow, but it sends signature-files
with the wrong mime-type. Please set up a policy for some often used
mime-types!

The best way to configure apache for signature files would be this:

AddType application/pgp-signature .sig

# make sure, .sig-files are _not_ send with "Content-Encoding: gzip"
<Files *.gz.sig>
  RemoveEncoding .gz
</Files>

--