[Savannah-users] I would like to hose a free project, and include non-fr

From: Brandon
Subject: [Savannah-users] I would like to hose a free project, and include non-free examples.
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 09:15:23 -0700

I am the administrator and author of the free, open source project, The
Gamebook Engine: http://www.freegameengines.org/gamebook-engine/ (note
that this link redirects to sourceforge). The Gamebook Engine is
licensed under the GNU GPLv2 or later. I am considering moving my
project somewhere else, such as launchpad, or savannah.

I created the first free, cross-platform gamebook engine. I felt it
would be beneficial for my free project to include some examples
(preferably free, of course). Unfortunately, I have been unable to find
any free gamebooks. I wasn't really interested in writing my own, so I
found a few online, and asked the authors if I could adapt and
distribute theirs. S John Ross, the author of Ring of Thieves:
http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/thieves.htm has allowed me to adapt and
distribute his work, but under a restrictive license (no commercial
use, no modifications). I also intend to adapt and distribute Age of
Fable: http://www.ageoffable.net/ when that is complete. Age of Fable
is distrubted under CC-BY-NC.

So, if I create a project with savannah, where all code is free, am I
allowed to include non-free content? Note that my free project does not
depend on any gamebooks (but rather, the other way around), so that
part of the FAQ is not relevant to this question.

-Brandon