[Savannah-users] Re: membership requirement or spam filtering?

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-users] Re: membership requirement or spam filtering?
Date: 29 Jan 2003 19:03:15 +0100

address@hidden a tapoté :

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:54:58PM +0100, Andreas Schoenberg wrote:
> > At 09:46 29.01.2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > >
> > >i seem to get a lot of spam from this list. would it be possible to require
> > >subscription in order to mail the list?
> >
> > I really would appreciate that.
> >
> > > or are these silly people taking the time to subscribe to this list?
> > >

> > I don't think so!
>
> Since the signal/noise ratio on this ml could hardly be lower, I
> happily add my own "me too".
>
> Actually it would be better to have mailman filter spam, but I can
> understand that the admins do not have the time or that there is no
> satisfying spam-filtering tool which complies with the GNU project
> standards of freedom.

We must give much information on this point, obviously. All mails are
filtered by spamassassin since several month.

We do not trash mail identified as spam by spamassassin by ourself
since spamassassin may make mistakes.
It's better to let user define their filtering rules via procmail.

--
Mathieu Roy