[task #16067] Submission of Dezyne

From: Ineiev
Subject: [task #16067] Submission of Dezyne
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 03:43:36 -0500 (EST)

[comment #2 comment #2:]

> > test/all/livelock_synchronous/baseline/simulate/livelock_synchronous
> > ideally,
> > they should additionally contain copyright and license notices.
>
> Right.  These baselines are mostly generated and diffed against the
> output: a header would be very inconvenient and there is not much to
> copyright either.

I believe they are copyrightable, and I'm not convinced headers
are really inconvenient---no more than it's inconvenient to follow
the GPL or to call the operating system "GNU/Linux".

> I have now added this test/all/README:

> #+TITLE: Dezyne test baseline
>
> Copyright © 2021 Jan (janneke) Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org>
>
>   Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
>   are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
>   notice and this notice are preserved.
>
> Additional test data files:
>
>     META:     */META
>     baseline: */baseline/...
>     trace:    */trace
>
>     All META, baseline and trace files are distributed under the GNU Affero
>     General Public License version 3 or later.

These are text files, the copyright and license notices should be included
in them.  README files should be in the same directory with the files
in question, and they should only be used when those files can't contain
copyright and license notices---and they should list the covered files
explicitly, if they don't, it's too easy to get the things wrong
when someone adds new unrelated files.

> > Then, the LGPLv3 is written as additional permissions for GPLv3; if you
use
> > it, you
> > should also include a copy of GPLv3, your tarball misses it.
>
> Ah sure; another oversight: COPYING.LESSER is in the git archive, I've
> added it to the distribution.

Err...

The LGPLv3 is written as additional permissions for GPLv3;
if you use it, you should also include a copy of GPLv3,
your tarball misses it.

> For Mes and Emacsy I have chosen to relicense the files with an LGPL
> header.  This was an oversight.  I have added a patch to change the
> Also, I have fixed the gen-ChangeLog target to include the ChangeLog
> stub that holds the copyright and license; for Dezyne and Emacsy.

Thank you!

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16067>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/