[task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: [task #15757] Submission of Guix Translations
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 06:33:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the submission.

I had a quick look through the attached tarball.  I have a couple of
questions regarding the copyright headers, in both pot files and po
files.

I see that all of the pot files have the following copyright notice,
with Ludo’ listed as the only copyright holder:

    Copyright (C) YEAR Ludovic Courtès

Since Ludo’ isn't the only copyright holder and contributor to Guix
(anymore :-)), wouldn't it be more appropriate to have something like
the following?

    Copyright (C) YEAR the authors of Guix (msgids)

Which is what I see is used in some of the po files.  Would that be more
in line with <https://translationproject.org/html/whydisclaim.html>?

Also, I see some of the po files mention the Free Software Foundation as
the copyright holder.  Is that indeed the case?  I'm curious since Guix
itself is not copyright FSF and does not requirement assignment from
contributors.

For what it's worth, I ask these questions both as a reviewer and on a
personal level (I have been looking into translating Guix recently).

Thanks,
amin

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15757>

  Message sent via Savannah