[task #15583] Submission of Mu (Miscellaneous Utilities)

From: Asher Gordon
Subject: [task #15583] Submission of Mu (Miscellaneous Utilities)
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 23:21:12 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #27, task #15583 (project administration):

I added a feature to automatically capture output from the example programs to
be included in the documentation, so I don't have to worry about updating it
manually. The scripts to generate the output in Texinfo format are licensed
under the GPLv3+. I also added a bit more text to doc/examples/README, so I
figured it wouldn't hurt to add a license notice there too. And I also added a
bootstrap.sh, under the GPLv3+.

I'm pretty sure all these files conform to Savannah's requirements (although
there are some pretty dirty hacks ;-) ), but I attached the updated tarball so
you can make sure they actually do conform.

[comment #26 comment #26:]
> Since I'm already going to use Gnulib, I thought I might as well use the
gpl-3.0 and fdl-1.3 modules (which provide those licenses in Texinfo format).
But then I would not put these licenses under version control. Would that be
acceptable, or must the licenses be available under version control as well?

You'll notice that the GPLv3 and FDLv1.3 Texinfo files are missing from the
updated tarball. That is because, like I said, I am using the Gnulib modules,
so it doesn't really make sense to also put them under version control. But if
the license files are required to be present, even under version control, then
I can put them back under version control.

(file #48995)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: mu.tar.gz                      Size:83 KB
    <https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/mu.tar.gz?file_id=48995>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15583>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/