[Savannah-register-public] [task #15348] Submission of Free Molecular Dy

From: Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15348] Submission of Free Molecular Dynamics
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 05:13:16 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #12, task #15348 (project administration):

> Is there a way that we declare all the contributors (including
> those in the future) as writers/copyright holders of some files?

I'm not a lawyer, but as far as I know, assigning copyright needs some kind of
paperwork from the current copyright holders.  Every time you add a
contributor, you would need signed papers from every previous contributor.

> It is not important to us who the exact authors of some files are.

Having valid copyright notices is important for the users of your package.  If
you have no real commitment to maintain these records carefully, let us not
register your package on Savannah.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15348>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/