[Savannah-register-public] [task #15275] Submission of "mklauncher"

From: José Francisco Arévalo
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15275] Submission of "mklauncher"
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 18:01:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hello *Ineiev*

----
*Ineiev*

_I'm sorry, this URL doesn't work for me._
----

We have verified that this link works correctly :

https://mega.nz/#!IcIXCQ4b!JD40AeYythq0F9nwfkMnlWd2nUx7ApVARTdnqv-LvXI

This contains the package *"mklauncher-1.0.0-source.tar.gz of 32 Megabytes"*.

Supposedly the system of "Savannah" allows to attach files of "16384 kB".

We try to attach a file *"mklauncher-1.0.0-source.7z of 14.2 Megabytes"*, but
the system of "Savannah" does not allow it.

The "Savannah" system did not allow us to attach even a file of "6
Megabytes".

That's why we're using a "Mega" link.

----
*Ineiev*

_What is the hard thing: to write 4 characters more or to treat people with
due respect when using their hosting resources for your package?_
----

When we say :

----
*fedoramedia_cf*

_However in the source code simply "Linux" is used because it is shorter. Also
in some examples where it refers to "Software for Linux architecture
specifically", example :_

_*Launch a "Linux" emulator*_
----

We mean that :

Each source code file has a header in which the GNU project work is
recognized, example :

{
                               mklauncher.pp
                         --------------------------

     "mklauncher" Launcher generator for free desktop.

     See the file COPYING.GPL.txt, included in this distribution,
     for details about the copyright.

     MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

     "mklauncher" Copyright (c) by "Fedoramedia team". Is free software,
This
     works in GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and others, is freed under the terms of the
     GPL (GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE). More information can be found in :

     http://www.fedoramedia.cf

     You can support this project by sending a donation to :

     PayPal [http://www.fedoramedia.cf/project/mklauncher/index.html]
}

In the code itself : Unit names, class instances, variables and constants. The
name "Linux" or "linux" is used, not with the intention of subtract
recognition, to the GNU project in no way, but because the shorter form of
names should always be used for simplicity.

For example, when you create names to use in a network, you use the shortest
names for simplicity, for example :

If you have the following devices:

2 Windows 10
3 Debian 9

And the criteria for creating the name is :

[Type] + [System] + [#]

Then the names would look like this :

pcwin101 pcwin102

pcdeb91 pcdeb92 pcdeb93

In the names of the machines with "GNU/Linux" system, the short name "linux"
is not even used, because it is more practical to use the name of the
distribution. Doing this is not intended to subtract credit to the project
"GNU" or "Linux", we simply try to be more efficient.

In the same way in "mklauncher", only the short name "Linux" or "linux" is
used for reasons of efficiency.

Both in the documentation and in the source code and the console output itself
generated by "mklauncher", the "GNU" project receives the appropriate
credits.

For this reason we have not disrespected the GNU project, nor the "Savannah"
project, nor anyone else.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15275>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/