[Savannah-register-public] [task #15078] Submission of Speech Dispatcher

From: Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15078] Submission of Speech Dispatcher
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 01:15:40 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #38, task #15078 (project administration):

> ./src/tests/spd_cancel_long_message.c and
./src/tests/spd_set_notifications_all.c are GPLv2-only. They are however
stand-alone programs which only link against src/api/c/, which is
LGPLv2.1-or-later, so AIUI it won't pose problem?

All software hosted on Savannah must be GPLv3+-compatible. Why are these
programs less problematic than any other?

[in reversed order]
> I agree in general. But we are here talking about autotools and gettext,
maintained within the GNU project. One can't blame maintainers for assuming
that those packages are doing a proper job.
>These files are again generated by autotools, but sure, another COPYING file
can't hurt.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be reasonable to expect that autotools would
look for the license text and when missing add it where package authors want,
so they have to check those things anyway, even with autotools.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15078>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/