[Savannah-register-public] [task #15078] Submission of Speech Dispatcher

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #15078] Submission of Speech Dispatcher
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 14:18:00 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #33, task #15078 (project administration):

Just to complete: I have discussed this very evening with another GNU
maintainer who tried some time ago to get some software on nongnu.sv.org. He
ended up giving up when faced with the requested extreme enforcement of
Savannah guidelines.  That's no good news when GNU maintainers themselves end
up like this.  I'm extremely patient so I can put up with this, but not
everyone is.

Put another way: “you even wouldn't think about following them unless you
believed that it's necessary for your package in order to pass the approval
stage”: it's more “extremely few people would, and I am just patient
here”, and this is not a way to get more people into free software.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15078>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/