[Savannah-register-public] [task #14945] Submission of Extendable Read-O

From: Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14945] Submission of Extendable Read-Only File System
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 04:33:59 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #15, task #14945 (project administration):

Hello, Gao Xiang;

> many projects are licensed on "GNU General Public License v2 or later"
hosted on Savannah.

You evidently miss the point here: we _do_ allow GPLv2+ packages; but your
package is effectively GPLv2-only, that's what we can't host.

> I also found many Linux distributions on Savannah, eg.
> gNewSense

First, gNewSense doesn't link to Linux, second, gNewSense is not a Linux
distribution, it's a GNU/Linux distribution. We support your freedom of
speech, but we don't lend our resources to developers who don't give the due
credit to the GNU project.

Groups like orinoco and qemu are very old, they may be thought of as
historical exceptions. They don't justify any exceptions for new groups.

> it also has the Linux kernel headers dependency

The point is not whether the package uses kernel headers; the point is whether
it makes a single executable with the kernel. The kernel modules clearly do.

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/