[Savannah-register-public] [task #14528] Submission of relax

From: Edward d'Auvergne
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14528] Submission of relax
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 05:44:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Thank you, great work!
>
> Unfortunately, some issues still need resolving.
>
> Licensing of some files in extern/ is not very clear,
> for example, extern/sobol/sobol_lib.py has no copyright notices,
> and it could have more unambiguous license notice;
> extern/sobol/test.py has no notices at all.

The Sobol package is fixed
<https://sourceforge.net/p/nmr-relax/code/ci/21dc63c15832fb521cc833c7efeb0700254be7b7/>
and a numdifftools README added
<https://sourceforge.net/p/nmr-relax/code/ci/887528de2c741c63ba3bd99896901c56a32f6501/>.

&gt; Images like graphics/screenshots/dispersion_analysis/disp_64_N.eps.gz
&gt; and docs/latex/images/pec_diag.eps suggest they were exported from GIMP
&gt; or created with gnuplot, so your users would have to provide
&gt; the source code for those files.

These are mostly found in the _test_suite/shared_data_ directories, and
pointed to in the manual as these are used for student tutorials.  For example
_disp_64_N.eps.gz_ is used at:

http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/Dispersion_GUI_mode_inspection_of_the_results.html

This is a section from:

http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/The_relaxation_dispersion_auto_analysis_in_the_GUI.html

And the data, distributed with relax, to load and auto-generate this graph is
referenced at:

http://www.nmr-relax.com/manual/Dispersion_GUI_mode_loading_the_data.html

where it says _&quot;In this tutorial, the Sparky formatted peak lists in the
test_suite/shared_data/dispersion/Hansen/500_MHz and
test_suite/shared_data/dispersion/Hansen/800_MHz directories will be
loaded.&quot;_  This is the base data for relax for generating the plots.

The _docs/latex/images/pec_diag.eps_ diagram is different in that it was
plotted in Mathematica.  The base data generation was considered so trivial
that the ~5 line script and 1-2 line Mathematica notebook was not kept.  I
have recreated a small relax script to quickly regenerate the data
<https://sourceforge.net/p/nmr-relax/code/ci/master/tree/docs/latex/images/pec_diag.py>.

&gt; Likewise, graphics/screenshots/noe_analysis/grace.svg seems generated
&gt; from a different source.

Such plots should have had the base plotting files added.  I'm not sure why
some were missed.  This example is now included
<https://sourceforge.net/p/nmr-relax/code/ci/master/tree/graphics/screenshots/noe_analysis/grace.agr>.

In addition, the Xmgrace plot file for
_graphics/screenshots/xmgrace_peak_intensities.agr_ has been added as well
<https://sourceforge.net/p/nmr-relax/code/ci/99721d296ff41d132086b0346c5182288060bd4f/>.
 As far as I can tell, everything else is either in _test_suite/shared_data/_
or the original sources are there.  Since the start of the project, we have
made a lot of effort to obtain all original sources to include within the
relax distribution.  Any discrepancies are by accident.

&gt; Then, the documentation has some terminological inconsistencies:
&gt; in files like docs/latex/develop.tex the operating system sometimes is
&gt; called &quot;Linux&quot; rather than &quot;GNU/Linux&quot;; also, some
TeX files speak
&gt; about &quot;open source&quot;; Savannah supports
&gt; free software.

Our intent was to use &quot;GNU/Linux&quot;, and most references use this.
This is now updated
<https://sourceforge.net/p/nmr-relax/code/ci/22032805a5405a799a8fa27dcebca6ff32eb5e30/>.
 All other references are either non-mutable quotes, old commit messages, or
the index reference back to &quot;GNU/Linux&quot;.

We have also switched all &quot;open source&quot; references, excluding the
non-mutable ones, with &quot;free sofware&quot;
<https://sourceforge.net/p/nmr-relax/code/ci/81e854e6402697907374cc1355f1bfb4ac03f5af/>.