[Savannah-register-public] [task #14130] Submission of Bitcoin Knots

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14130] Submission of Bitcoin Knots
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 21:53:12 +0000 (UTC)

hugh - we don't need to have any particular knowledge of the domain, in
general. (i myself know next to nothing about bitcoin/digital currency.)  or
try to compile (let alone run) the submission.  it's sufficient to check that
the licensing and other criteria are ok, which it sounds like they are, taking
the list at face value.

our detailed licensing requirements (notices in every file) would only apply
to the actual software being developed here, not all the dependent libraries;
it doesn't make sense to require modifying those (as long as their overall
license is clear), as discussed previously.

if we were evaluating for inclusion in gnu, and not just hosting on savannah,
it would be a different story, but fortunately, we're not.

ok?  (i'll be offline most of the rest of the week, so i hope this is enough
to go on ...) -k