[Savannah-register-public] [task #14088] Submission of Java Training Whe

From: Hugh Mayfield
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14088] Submission of Java Training Wheels
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 08:37:03 +0000 (UTC)

Davin, thanks.  I think we are making progress.

List: (in anticipation) please could someone with fencepost access confirm
that it's OK to approve this as GNU?  I think it will be as it's listed on
gnu.org/software, but I just want to double check.

Davin: a few last points for you.

The following files need copyright& license notices:

- Makefile
- README.txt
- configure.

The following upstream files don't state copyright& license:

- dlisp/imported-stuff/color-mode.el
- dlisp/imported-stuff/dotemacs.el.

I can see the first file on Don Knuth's page at stanford.edu [1].  I read
through and can't see any stated license on those downloadable files.  As it
stands, the file without a stated license is technically non-free (see GNU
Maintainer Information section 6.6 [2]).  I know it might not be easy, but
could you please clarify the situation, write a replacement or do without the
facility for now?

Maybe the "dotemacs" files are derived in a way I don't understand; if so,
please forgive me.

It would be good to state more clearly, perhaps in README.txt, where the
upstream code came from and the license(s) you believe it to be under.

Best wishes

Hugh

[1] http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~uno/programs.html
[2] https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/maintain.html#License-Notices