[Savannah-register-public] [task #13411] Submission of rlab+rlabplus

From: Marijan Kostrun
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13411] Submission of rlab+rlabplus
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 15:42:57 +0000

Assaf,

I apologize for delayed response. I press 'respond to' in my email programme
not noticing that the true address was 'INVALID.NOREPLY'

As for the sources used by, or incorporated in the rlab+rlabplus, they are
listed in the attached file LICENSES.txt,
while the latest source tarball - without pgplot specifically for savannah
site - is in rlab-2.4.1.1.tgz.

PGPLOT is an interesting item. The terms of the license say
"* The PGPLOT library, both binary and source, and the PGPLOT manual   *
* `PGPLOT Graphics Subroutine Library' are copyrighted, but available *
* without fee for education, academic research and non-commercial     *
* purposes. Ownership of the software remains with the California     *
* Institute of Technology.  Users may distribute the binary and       *
* source code to third parties provided that the copyright notice and *
* this statement appears on all copies and that no charge is made for *
* such copies.  Any entity wishing to integrate all or part of the    *
* source code into a product for commercial use or resale should      *
* contact the author at the above address.                            *

so in principle, I was not violating the license terms when I was providing
the source code for pgplot within rlab source tree.

The pgplot is not necessary for rlab, but I do recommend its installation on
older machines (and older releases of Linux, e.g., suse9, as there pgplot is
not typically available.

(file #32720)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: LICENSES.txt                   Size:3 KB