[Savannah-register-public] [task #13341] Submission of Geometry of cycle

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13341] Submission of Geometry of cycles
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 22:11:25 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => agn

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for submitting a new project to host on GNU Savannah.

To comply with the GNU Savannah hosting requirement,
I would ask you to clarify few things in the project.
( see
  https://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php
  http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly/  )

First,
It seems a critical requirement is "noweb" pacakge (
http://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/noweb/ ).
I could not find an indication as to whether this program's license is
compatible
with GPL (which is a requirement for hosting on GNU Savannah).
The best I could find is a mention on Debian's noweb pacakge:
http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/n/noweb/noweb_2.11b-7.1_copyright
Which states the license is a custom one, definitely not copyleft, nor
public-domain.

It is found in Debian's "main" repository, which is a good sign, but is not
enough to the best of my understanding.
If you could find out whether the license is GPL-compatible, that would be
good.
Otherwise, I'll have to wait and consult with more experienced people about
this issue.

Second,
If I understand your project's process correctly, there are two "NoWeb"
(latex-like) documents,
which are then processed to generate CPP files from.
The CPP files (which are included) are under GPLv3-or-later.

I think this process requires a to license the "NoWeb" files in a license
that's compatbile with GPL as well,
but I couldn't find a license for these "*.nw" files.

(If my licensing assumption is incorrect, other reviewers - please chime in).

Third,
The included "cycle.nw" and "cycle.pdf" are empty (zero sized), and so the
original source for generating "cycle.cpp" is missing.

Please, let us know when these are amended and we could continue with the
evaluation.

Regards,
 - Assaf