[Savannah-register-public] [task #13308] Submission of SlashNerd

From: taj
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #13308] Submission of SlashNerd
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:52:25 +0000

Follow-up Comment #14, task #13308 (project administration):

UPDATE: I finised the re-write (and test && commit) of Slash::Password,
copyright and license information (GPLv2) is included.

I have some questions about the remainder of work in order to get FreeSlash
and Freeslashcode hosted on savanna.nongnu.org.

I was told that all files are to be tagged with copyright and license
information.

Does that include build system files such as Makefile.am's? I have some text
data files for the program, and they are VERY sensitive to modification and
some of these template files cannot withstand comments, such as the Template
Toolkit files.

Normally, Template Toolkit templates are commentable, but the code that
sub-classed Template.pm, and the data file it uses to provide items are not
commentable. And there are cases where the data will be output to the client's
browser and corrupt webpage.

How do I tag these troublesome project files with copyright and licensing
information? Can I just put a README file in the directory and add information
therein about COPY and LICENSE? Can I skip adding `copy and license' info on
files like AUTHORS, Changelog, or included example files (i.e,
'snippet-httpd.conf' or 'foo-data.txt') etc.?