[Savannah-register-public] [task #11863] Submission of Awesome-Arduino-A

From: Roland
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #11863] Submission of Awesome-Arduino-AlarmClock
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:54:49 +0000

Hi mjflick,

thanks for your review.

You don`t need an build script to compile and upload the code. The
AlarmClockDesk.ino serves as "startup file" for the project. You have to unzip
the appended sketchbook_2.tar.gz into your home directory so that all files
are placed in an directory named sketchbook. After the extraction you should
be able to open the project by starting the Arduino-IDE (version 1.0 or newer)
and
select "File|Sketchbook|AlarmClockDesk". This should open the project along
with all included files. The project needs an Arduino Mega 2560 board to run.
But you can compile the code by first select the target board via
"Tools|Boards|Arduino
Mega 2560 or Mega ADK" and than compile the code with "Sketch|Verify/Compile".
The Arduino-IDE will than use avr-gcc to compile the code
(http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/BuildProcess).

I don`t know how to handle your request to add copyright notices and
permission-to-copy statements to the appended library files. The ADS7846
library which drives the display for example is part of the
msd-shield_v020.zip library which is supplied by the hardware vendor of the
used msd-shield. This library also includes DS1307, MI0283QT2, SDcard and
digitalWriteFast. I think the license of these files (included in the archive)
allows to add such permission statements but i`m not sure. The other libraries
are structured equally. Would it help if i would not include the archive files
and library code directly in the
project but only supply links to the download urls?

Regarding the "COPYING" file. I included one in the top directory of
sketchbook_2.tar.gz. Was this correct or should i change it?

I hope could answered some of you questions and help you with the further
review of the project.

servus,
roland