[Savannah-register-public] [task #11659] Submission of Magia DNI

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #11659] Submission of Magia DNI
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 00:35:00 +0000

Hi Josep -- thanks for the submission.  sorry for the delayed reply, we've
been discussing it at length.

the biggest stopper seems to be using the camera.  as far as we know, there
are only proprietary drivers for the camera in android, e.g., that replicant
does not support it.  do you know of a free driver for it?  otherwise, we
can't accept it, as the effect would implicitly be pushing people to use the
proprietary drivers.

independent of that, and in any case, rms suggests that the project "condemn
the DNI as a form of tyranny".

best,
karl