[Savannah-register-public] [task #11438] Submission of cremone

From: Morel Bérenger
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #11438] Submission of cremone
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:07:04 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=10887> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=10887>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *cremone*
* System Name:  *cremone*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU Lesser General Public License

----

This project is a C++ class library that aim to allow programmers to easily
design games user interfaces with borders adapted to game's art.

Its specificities are:
* LGPL license
* no dependencies [1]
* fully portable [2]
* a theme for each window. You can easily use different themes for each
window, you just need to declare a new one and specify that window which one
you want to use.
* no macro
* no conditionnal compilation
* ease of use

Because work just started a few months ago, and because I cann't spent all my
time on this project, some features I plan to develop, but are not finished or
started, are:
* full exception-safety
* thread-safety
* many widgets: button, checkbox, listcontrol... currently, only basic window
and event are implemented. They will come quickly, anyway.

As this is a template based library, it need library-specific
implementations.
Currently, implementations that work are:
* SDL
Planned library support:
* SFML

[1] In fact, you will have to use a library to manage graphics and events
(there can be a different lib for graphics and events) to implement some very
simple base classes: bitmap, screen, event, eventmanager. But only bitmap and
screen are actually mandatory

[2] Because it only use templates and C++ STL, it should be compilable on any
OS. Although C++ is highly portable, I am using some new features of the
standard C++11 when I can, so you will probably need a recent compiler, of
have to modify some portions of code, mainly relative to shared_ptr - you can
replace them with boosts ones.

NOTA BENE: it is just a copy/past of the description on the
https://gna.org/projects/cremone/

==== Other Software Required: ====
No real dependencies.
Optional one (used for tests) is SDL: http://www.libsdl.org/license.php
I might make another implementation of base classes with SFML:
http://www.sfml-dev.org/license.php

And maybe some other library, if I find time and motivation.
But someone could also just make classes to write in files...

==== Other Comments: ====
This project was started on https://gna.org/projects/cremone/
I want to move of that forge because I am experimenting problems (my SVN repo
is unusable since at least sunday, I don't know why) and I would like to use a
DVCS (I often programming without having Internet acess)

License is not in the actual project, but I will commit files with it as soon
as possible.

I have uploaded two tarballs, but only the second one have licensing about
media files. Please remove the first one, I apologize. (I've forgot them,
because they are just dumb bitmap files 8x8...)

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/cremone.tar.gz

  Message posté via/par Savannah