Re: [Savannah-register-public] guile-cairo documentation license and sav

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] guile-cairo documentation license and savannah
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 12:58:39 +0200

Hi Richard,

Thank you for considering GPL -> GFDL compatibility.

In the meantime you write:

On Sat 30 Apr 2011 23:04, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a program that can look at the version history diffs and see
> which revisions affected the code that occupies a certain range of
> lines in the current version?

It is an interesting question.  One could use gtk-doc itself to identify
the lines that contain docstrings, and then vc-annotate to identify the
revisions that introduced those lines.  However I do not know how to
reliably trace authors back in history.  One can use heuristics from
vc-annotate-revision-previous-to-line; but probably the most accurate
way would be to do a set union on the authors of all lines within
docstring extents of all revisions in the repository.

I do not know of any existing software to do this, but something could
be hacked together with either gtk-doc or the regexps that it uses, and
git.  I do not think I will have time to do this, however.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/