[Savannah-register-public] [task #10659] Submission of GARBLE

From: Atom X
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10659] Submission of GARBLE
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 04:36:29 +0000

I understand your concerns with the licensing, and indeed I've been
back-and-forth myself with this.  It was not my intent to restrict the use,
distribution or modification of the software itself, nor to stop its use and
development commercially.  Rather, I felt any artwork or written work of an
artistic nature, i.e. not manuals or other technical documents, would be
considered editorial or opinion in nature, representing the <i>views</i> of
the project and its contributors, rather than the software itself.

I understand your concerns, though.  I can see how, if any artwork is
included with the software itself, it may be regarded as <i>part</i> of the
software, and thus should be no more restricted than the actual code or other
functional pieces.  This seems logical and not unreasonable to me now, and
therefore I accept that my former choice of licensing restrictions was
unwarranted and potentially even harmful.

I will re-submit my project with the objections you've raised noted.  If any
work of an editorial nature is produced for inclusion with this project, it
will be released without any more restriction than a basic CC-(BY-)?-SA
license, or under the GNU FDL.

Thank you for reviewing my submission.