[Savannah-register-public] [task #10496] Submission of Quagga Routing So

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10496] Submission of Quagga Routing Software
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:54:32 +0000

Paul responded on the list
<http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg14564.html>,
again here are my responses:

_I'll try get to this - I'll probably be a little busy this week and next. If
you want to proceed with it, that'd be great. I'm confident I and others will
fix the issues soon. Setting up the Savannah project will allow me to get
other maintainers involved on this._

Fine, I will approve it right away. I will keep the task open so you can
notify us when you are ready for a review in the version control system of
your choice.

_The one issue we were thinking to not fix though is putting the full-sized
GPL headers into /all/ the files. There are certain files where this is
overkill and not warranted (e.g. because unlicensed copying of just that file
will never ever be something that would bother us), e.g. the NEWS and TODO
files. We're thinking instead to add a short, one-liner to remind the reader
the file is available for distribution under the terms in the accompanying
COPYING file._

Again, please think not about you prosecuting infringements, but about
downstream redistributors worrying about file provenance. If e.g. Debian picks
up the package they will be more comfortable if they can audit the license for
every file, silly as it may be, and be assured that they can legally
distribute all files. The one-liner is probably fine for this purpose.

Thanks, and enjoy your stay on Savannah!

I've approved your project--welcome on board! :-)

You'll receive a mail notification with further instructions shortly.

--
Happy hacking!