[Savannah-register-public] [task #10372] Submission of DataExplorer

From: Mario Castelán Castro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10372] Submission of DataExplorer
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:48:50 +0000

May 18th 2010 in GNU Savannah task #10372: "Submission of
DataExplorer".

Hi again and Sorry for the long delay.

I noticed some issues of my concern with the zipball you submited:

*I just noticed DataExplorer is written in Java.  We need you
 determine whether your project can run on a Free Software Java suite
 and Operating System (see
 https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/JavaIssues and
 http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more information).

 We recommend you to test your project using IcedTea, or GCJ + GNU
 Classpath over GNU/Linux, and ensure that DateExplorer runs on this
 Free enviroment.  IceTea is based on Sun's OpenJDK and uses free
 replacements for its proprietary parts. GCJ is the GNU Compiler for
 Java, part of the GCC (GNU Compiler Collection).  The Classpath
 project aims to develop a free and portable implementation of the
 Java API (the classes in the 'java' package).

 More information is available at http://icedtea.classpath.org/,
 http://gcc.gnu.org/ and http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/.

 Please provide us with more information about this point.

*Several files lack the Copyright & licensing information.  In order
 to release this or another software properly and unambiguously under
 the GNU GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
 statements at the beginning of every copyrightable file, usually any
 file more than 10 lines long.

 In addition, if you haven't already, please include a copy of the
 plain text version of the GPL, available from
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into a file named "COPYING".

 For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

 If some of your files cannot carry such notices (e.g. binary files),
 then you can add a README file in the same directory containing the
 copyright and license notices. Check
 http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for
 further information.

 The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
 why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
 for example, see
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

*There are some screenshots of a software called "AkkuMaster" running
 on the propietary MS Windows under
 /dataexplorer-2.20/AkkuMaster/src/help/src, and there is no licensing
 information at all about AkkuMaster.  Please add the licensing
 information to this project just as with the rest of the files if
 it's know, if not, you must either ask the copyright holder to
 release AkkuMaster under a free software license or delete it from
 (New versions of) the zipball and make sure DateExplorer don't
 depends on it.

Let us know if you need more information about the need changes.

Regards.

  Mensaje enviado vai/por Savannah