[Savannah-register-public] [task #10002] Submission of FreeControl

From: Mario Castelán Castro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #10002] Submission of FreeControl
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 00:50:48 +0000

December 26th 2009 in GNU Savannah item 10002: "Submission of
FreeControl"

>Please don't place it out of context!!  when I said "There is no
>problem to use "propietary software"" I mean to use the term
>"propietary" instead of "pivative".  My idea is not to use propietary
>software.

Oh, I didn't catch well.  Your english is a bit confussing, I mean
that paragraph in specific.

As I understand you don't like to use the propietary software, if is
the case you should not say the sentence "There is no problem to use
propietary software", it is the same as "It is ok to use propietary
software".

>>> How can I correct this issue?

>> Wath issue do you talk about?. I dont't catch.

>I was talking about the text of the description of the project, to
>place "propietary" instead of "privative"

Oh, don't care.  That description is only used in the evaluation
processes, when approveed (If it happens) you will be able to set
another description.

>I'm not sure if it needs the licence.  They are only gidelines for the
>project, they are only ideas.  Ideas don't need the licence, It's what I
>understood, if not, there is no problem, i will add it.

You understood bad, the guidelines as rest of files need the licence.
Where do you read such thing?, if you readed it on an GNU page let us
know to correct it if nessesary.

>The original idea is make this project under GNU/Linux, and using gcc.

>In the future we will need to communicate with some dedicated
>hardware.  In this cases the idea also is not to use propietary
>software, but in some cases this option can exist.  I think that in
>this situation we will need to discuss if it's convenient.  But my
>first idea is NOT TO USE PROPIETARY SOFTWARE.

- From hosting requirements:

"The program should deliver its full functionality and convenience on
a completely free platform based on a free operating system, such as
GNU/Linux, working entirely with other free software. Otherwise it
would be an inducement to install non-free operating systems or other
non-free software."

So, programs *must not depend* on propetary software.  The programs
here hosted *may work* on propietary platoform but they should provide
at least the same functionallity in a fully free platform.

As example: GNU Emacs works on Windows, but works better on GNU
systems, so they comply with this requirement :).

In this case, if the program communicates with dedicated hardware must
do it with a free library or else no comunicate with that hardware.