[Savannah-register-public] [task #9908] Submission of ClipGrab

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9908] Submission of ClipGrab
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:29:25 +0000

>If I'd allow a "free" use of the images, everyone could modify
>ClipGrab and then call it ClipGrab which I do not want.

If your project is licensed under the GPLv3, §7 gives you the choice to add
custom terms in certain limits. Maybe this is of interest to you, especially
point c.

# b) Requiring preservation of specified reasonable legal notices or author
attributions in that material or in the Appropriate Legal Notices displayed by
works containing it; or
# c) Prohibiting misrepresentation of the origin of that material, or
requiring that modified versions of such material be marked in reasonable ways
as different from the original version; or
# d) Limiting the use for publicity purposes of names of licensors or authors
of the material; or

However, it is true that the review process will be a bit lengthy. This is
because this case is somewhat special and therefore we have no standard
procedure for it.