[Savannah-register-public] [task #9741] Submission of GNU Dionysus

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9741] Submission of GNU Dionysus
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 23:47:00 +0000

> Good places ...

No.  The recommended way to handle the FDL is to include it in the document
itself, like this:

@node GNU Free Documentation License
@appendix GNU Free Documentation License

@include fdl.texi

(You can get fdl.texi from gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html, as
mentioned.)  This is because people who read the manual, not just those who
look at the source, should be able to see the license.

Sorry I neglected to mention this when I worked with Jean Michel on the
package.

The COPYING file is nearly universally reserved for the GPL (whichever
version is needed), and that's a good convention to stick to.