Re: [Savannah-register-public] hosting gnu apps for non gnu platform

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] hosting gnu apps for non gnu platform
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 18:02:20 +0200

Well I actually pointed Aaraai to this list (after he mailed me
directly, which is wrong because decisions are not made privately).

So I think the program needs to be portable, and run primarily on a
free platform. If it also runs on proprietary or semi-free platforms,
then it's OK, as long as the free platforms works at least as good as
other platforms.

The emulator is usually slower than the actual hardware, so I'd say
it's not as good as the original android platform.

I'm not familiar with Android so I can't tell exactly how a program is
tightly coupled to the proprietary firmware, but more generally, your
program must not encourage people to use non-free software.

--
Sylvain