[Savannah-register-public] [task #9048] Submission of Mudlet

From: Ted Smith
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9048] Submission of Mudlet
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:06:53 +0000

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While
doing so I have noticed a few problems which are described below.

A.) You have license notices, but do not have appropriate copyright notices,
especially in the files in src/ui/, or on src/dlgTimersMainArea.cpp,
src/dlgSystemMessageArea.cpp, src/dlgTriggerMainArea.cpp. Also, the copyright
notice in src/ctelnet.cpp isn't a correct application of the GPL (the
copyright notice should look like all the other ones you have). While these
files are less than 10 lines and do not require a copyright notice, it would
be best if they had one.

Additionally, the copyright status and license of all of the images is
unclear, as well as the copyright status and license of the documentation and
the XML in src/ui. Your project cannot be approved until this is clarified.

Please check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for more
information, and update your files.

B.) Savannah is meant to help developers organize a team and produce code.
This means we provide resources to projects so they can actually manage their
project, and we do not host a download area only.

I mention this because I saw you already have a Launchpad account and a
Sourceforge account. Can you tell me how you plan to use Savannah?

C.) "Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system that we like to refer
to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS to GNU/Linux? This
occurs specifically in src/ui/about_dialog.ui.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.

D.) I notice your project has ports for non-free operating systems. While
Savannah hosts cross-platform free software, please make sure that free
platforms are the primary development focus, and that users won't be pressured
to use non-free platforms to get newer features or bugfixes.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface by following the link below. Do not reply directly; the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such