Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8645] Submission of Freeciv Web Cl

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8645] Submission of Freeciv Web Client
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:25:45 +0100

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 05:33:54PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Btw, is there a way to make Savannah requests somewhat more
>     prioritary?
>
> Sure, in general, we try to answer GNU-related requests as a priority.
> But that does not mean a whole lot.
>
>     As for the issue at hand, I would be surprised if licensing@ didn't
>     have an answer.
>
> This is not something with a canned answer, as far as I can tell.
>
> Sylvain, you were on the licensing@ list for a while.  You know well it
> is not some vast group of experts who have the details of every
> situation for every language and every framework at their fingertips.
> It is basically two volunteers (Yoni Rabkin and Michael Foetsch) doing
> the best they can with the incoming flood, plus overloaded Brett.

Yes, by 'licensing@' I probably meant 'Brett'.

So essentially is there a way to ask Brett 'do you know about this, if
not no matter'?

I don't expect him to know about every language and framework, let's
not generalize. But I do think that something widely used in
professional environment like J2EE is likely to be covered. We're not
asking about an arcane combination of Common List and PHP here :)

--
Sylvain