[Savannah-register-public] [task #8427] Submission of Simple Modular App

From: Damiano Venturin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8427] Submission of Simple Modular Application Kit
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 08:12:23 +0000

Hi Beuc

>> good news: thanks to the support from pear's guys I reduced the number of
non-gpl compatible classes to 4 on 16.

> Woah, great - though didn't you mean "6" instead of "16"?

I mean that I have 16 classes included in smak atm (also considering classes
not still used). Atm only 4 are php licensed and they will be only 3 when the
pear guys will release the code under bsd license as written in this
announcement made by Helgi (pear member) at pear's dev ml.
http://news.php.net/php.pear.dev/50797

> That can work, unless you have GPL'd dependencies (direct or indirect).
What do you mean? Of course there are LGPL classes included in smak (and
probably there will be GPL classes too, sooner or later) but I don't think
this is a problem right? BSD can't be considered a closed license so I think
it could be perfect also in that situation, right?

If everything is ok for you I would like to change smak license to bsd and to
go on as planned (i.e. moving it at gpl v3 asap)
Can you change the licence for this project and approve it?