Re: [Savannah-register-public] Cleaned up the project pile a bit :)

From: Alexander Shulgin
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] Cleaned up the project pile a bit :)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:02:52 +0300

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 08:44:08PM +0300, Alexander Shulgin wrote:
>  > Hi Savannah Hackers,
>  >
>  > Today I've put some effort into reviewing new projects.  I've also
>  > tried to clean up obviously void submissions, but there's still around
>  > a dozen untouched projects pending...
>  >
>  > I'll try to do my best to maintain items assigned to me.  But I don't
>  > expect to show any closely matching productivity until next weekend
>  > (or one more week later), so the projects will pile up again. ;-)
>
>  One thing you can do is ask for resubmission whenever the project
>  doesn't fit the registration checklist.
>
>  More often than not, people don't answer when we ask for changes :/

Yeah, and as far as I can see, this primarily happens to originally
poorly written submissions.  But still I'm trying to give some brief
hints when rejecting submission--eventually people may learn
something. ;)

>  > May be we could try to find a few more volunteers?  I feel like I'm
>  > the only one actually reviewing projects lately.
>
>  That's a good idea.

What are our options?  May be we can have a link posted under 'Take
Action' section of the front page of www.gnu.org or something like
this?

Sad to say, but I'm pretty sure no one of the people I know directly
would response to such a call for volunteers. :/

--
Alex