[Savannah-register-public] [task #7917] Submission of Otavio Luiz Bottec

From: Otavio
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7917] Submission of Otavio Luiz Bottecchia
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:49:37 +0000

Hi Alex:

No problem with this as well: I suggest as follows:
project name: PTC Beacon Controller
project system name: PTC_CW_beacon

"CW" stands for continuous wave. There is a friend of mine who is working on
a Pactor beacon. If underline may not be used, project system name can also be
PTCcwBeacon.

No, I have not tried to run it on Linux.

The program just send a sequence of commands to the controller, which, in
turn, sends other commands to the transceiver. The syntax is determined by the
rigs. The primary handshake (i.e., between PC and PTC) will depend both on the
OS and the Basic interpreter (or compiler). In principle, only the following
data transfer format is important: 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity and half
duplex. The later I did not define and the program run, so I did not paid
attention on it. Of course, the baud rate is also important, but PTC has an
option to detect baud rate automatically.

I fear there is no universal way to solve the handshake problem. I used
another interpreter years ago and the syntax was similar, but not equal.

Greetings,

Otavio.