[Savannah-register-public] Fwd: [task #7856] Submission of captury

From: Alexander Shulgin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Fwd: [task #7856] Submission of captury
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:50:43 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexander Shulgin <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 11:11 PM
Subject: Fwd: [task #7856] Submission of captury
To: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

Hi Sylvain,

 Here's my follow-up for this task:

 I'm reviewing your project for inclusion into Savannah.  While doing
 so I've discovered a few problems:

 1. The FSF address has changed and now is '51 Franklin Street, Fifth
 Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA'.  You can get the updated version
 here: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.txt

 2. Your source files are missing correct license notices.  Please see
 the last section of GPL on how to apply it to released programs
 properly.  More info can be found here:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

 3. The files captury/src/libGLcaptury/freetype.{h,cpp} are copyright
 by Sven Olsen.  I could not find any indication of copying conditions
 for the code provided in lessons on the site, so may be we should
 contact the author for permission before distributing the code under
 GPL.

 4. Also, you use the GLUT library, however original GLUT is
 incompatible with GPL.  The code happens to compile with freeglut, but
 I don't know if it really works.  Please make sure your code works
 with some free GLUT implementation.

 If you are willing to make these changes please provide us with an
 updated tarball of your project.

 --
 Cheers,
 Alex