[Savannah-register-public] Re: Fwd: [task #7784] Submission of Pirates o

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: Fwd: [task #7784] Submission of Pirates of the skies
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:27:51 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:22:57AM +0200, Alexander Shulgin wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I think it would be appropriate to suggest author to submit the changes.
>
> If everything is OK we can approve the project, while requiring the
> author not to upload any non-free files (*.3ds).  After the files are
> replaced with free analogs he could simply add them to the repository.

OK.

> We should also give him some time to decide on media files licensing.

Thinking about it, I think we should avoid mentioning the Wikipedia
page about free content licenses, because they mention licenses we do
not recommend. They can also change in the future, outside of our
control.

I think it's better to only accept free content licenses that were
reviewed by the FSF and deemed 'free'.

--
Sylvain