[Savannah-register-public] Re: Fwd: [task #7784] Submission of Pirates o

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: Fwd: [task #7784] Submission of Pirates of the skies
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:16:09 +0100

Hi,

> Anyway, I can remove that passage, but should I install kdevelop[1] to
> test myself if it actually compiles cleanly on a GNU/Linux box, or
> still insist on providing correct ./configure?

We don't require the code to be in a working state before approval at
Savannah.

You could ask the developper to help you compile the application
though.

If the user is using kdevelop, using it too may help with compiling
the project. However I think it should work without it, since it's a
RAD and not a build-time dependency.

> [1] On GNU/Linux, I use GNOME exclusively, so do lots of other people
> round the world, I beleive.

I'm a Gnome user too, but AFAIK kdevelop can be ran under any window
manager. I don't like this idea these days of "I run KDE so I can't
run Gnome apps" and vice-versa.

--
Sylvain