[Savannah-register-public] [task #7793] Submission of Opéra Libre

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7793] Submission of Opéra Libre
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:12:31 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => Beuc

I'm not sure we can host a music score, but I'll ask and see what we can do.

Meanwhile, I'd like to clarify something about your license. You write:

 If you want to redistribute Opéra Libre, you must comply
 with the GNU General Public License (reproduced below).
 This license applies to Opéra Libre with the following
 exceptions:

 - Non-free public performances can be allowed by special
 authorization of the author.

What do you call "non-free" in this context?

 - Recordings of the score can be released under another
 license, by special authorization of the author.

 - Some of the lyrics, text indications or their translations
 can be released using a different license, by special
 authorization of the author.

The last 2 are not exceptions but are natural application of Berne-convention
copyright laws: if people want to do something that is not allowed by the
license, they may contact the copyright holder to get a different license,
possibly in exchange from money. This is better left outside of the license
(this can be an informational note in the README, for example).

By the way, as a side note, the full name of Lilypond is "GNU Lilypond"
rather than "GNU/Lilypond" (this is mentioned in ./texte/decoupage.ly). "GNU
Lilypond" means taht Lilypond is part of the GNU project, while "GNU/Linux"
refers to the combination of the GNU operating system with the (non-GNU) Linux
kernel.

Regards.