[Savannah-register-public] [task #7796] Submission of FadSH

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7796] Submission of FadSH
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 03:40:15 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => mjflick

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah. While
doing so I have noticed a few problems which are described below.

Your tarball does not include a full copy of the GPL, please update your
tarball to include it.

Please use a complete verbatim copy of the license, which may be found at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt,
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt or http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt.

The license must be copied verbatim and in its entirety.

Further, even though your project is Free Software it can not be hosted
here.
We only host projects that can run on a free operating system (such as
GNU/Linux).

Today, completely free operating systems exist, and we have adopted this
policy because
we do not want to encourage users  to switch to  proprietary operating
systems in order to use your program.

If you are willing to maintain a version for free operating systems, which
work as well as or better than other ports,
you can then provide versions for non-free systems as well. The idea is that
at no point should only-free users be at a
disadvantage compared to users of proprietary software.

Your project should always work equally well in free systems as in any other
version you provide; if you have some
modules for non-free systems, you can delay their release until you have
released the free operating system version.

If you accept this commitment then please state so and the project should be
approved in Savannah.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.