[Savannah-register-public] [task #7646] Submission of Downstairs Sort

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7646] Submission of Downstairs Sort
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:43:16 +0000

"I don't know which licenses are suitable for licensing images ( I just found
Free Art license, but I don't know where to put the notice of the license for
the images and not even if it is a suitable or valid free license)"

The license can be put in a separate file, in the same directory (for example
README).

The Free Art license is a license we recommend for media files. Since the
images are meant to be included in the documentation, it would make sense to
also release them under the GFDL, to avoid any license incompatibility.

"the html page has in its beginning the notice of GNU FDL, before the part of
the pseudo-code there is the notice of GNU GPL, is it the right way to
dual-license the code?"

I think so. You could also explicitely state (for example, after the GFDL
license notice) that the bits of code present in the documentation are
dual-licensed. This way there is no ambiguity.