[Savannah-register-public] [task #7107] Submission of Kannada Translatio

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7107] Submission of Kannada Translation project for GNU
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:33:48 +0000

As already said, CVS write access will be granted when the project is
created.  We would like to be sure that new teams have responsible leaders who
understand and agree with our philosophy, can handle tasks properly and in a
timely fashion, and have a permanent interest in contributing.  Much to our
regret most of the translation teams are in moribund state, so we would like
to avoid, as much as possible, creation of new teams that will only exist as
stubs.

The way we decide this is very similar to the way GNU maintainers are
handled, or the way you would become a core developer or a project leader of a
free software project.

Please read the following pages and the ones they link to:

http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/README.translations.html
http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/cvs_savannah.html
http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/priorities.html
http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/details.html

To update to the new style, you need to create/update the following files:

style.kn.css
graphics/topbanner.kn.svg
graphics/topbanner.kn.png
server/header.kn.html
server/banner.kn.html
server/footer.kn.html
server/footer-text.kn.html

The following files are no longer needed:
server/footer-min.html
server/footer-short.html
server/sidebar*

To translate new articles and update new ones, you have to maintain a working
copy of the "www" web repository.  Please always use a plain text editor and
send the translations as attachments to <address@hidden>.

Please also complete the questionnaire at
http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/webmaster-quiz.html and send it to
<address@hidden>.  Please use your own words and do not point to URLs
of gnu.org essays as answers.

Thanks!