[Savannah-register-public] [task #7377] Submission of Breadcrumbs

From: Alexander Shulgin
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7377] Submission of Breadcrumbs
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:16:19 +0000

I'm evaluating your project for inclusion into Savannah.  While doing so I've
discovered a few problems:

The HEAD revision of git repository you have provided contains GPLv3, while
you specified GPLv2+ in the project submission.  Also, most of the source
files refer to GPLv2 or later.

Some of the test files src/t/Test*.pm are missing copyright and
license notices, please add them as appropriate.

Are you planning to include documentation into Savannah repository?  If so,
please decide on the licensing: we generally accept GFDL and compatible
licensing schemes.  Refer to the following for details:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/LicensingRequirements

The Number::Format module is under Artistic license--not compatible with GNU
GPL: http://search.cpan.org/src/WRW/Number-Format-1.52/README
You should replace the dependency on that module with some other which uses a
compatible license, or maybe try to convince the module author to relicense it
using Perl licensing scheme (Artistic + GPL).

The same goes for Mail::GnuPG, since it's GPLv2 only:
http://search.cpan.org/~jesse/Mail-GnuPG-0.10/GnuPG.pm#LICENSE
You won't be able to license your project under GPLv3 as long as it uses
GPLv2 only modules.  For more details see this:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v2v3Compatibility

Could you please also clarify on what other 'very standard' packages you
project might depend on?  Just to make sure there are no other licensing
problems. :-)

You are using repo.or.cz to host the code, please confirm you intend to move
your primary development to Savannah, since we do not allow Savannah projects
to be just project mirrors.

--
Cheers,
Alex