[Savannah-register-public] [task #7387] Submission of GêBR

From: John Darrington
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7387] Submission of GêBR
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:10:57 +0000

If you agree to discontinue using SourceForge once your savannah
account is set up, then we can proceed with this request.

I had a look at the source code on the SourceForge site. Is the
copyright holder referred to in the copyright notices "GeBR core team
(http://gebr.sourceforge.net/)", a legal entity that can be assigned
copyright?  A legal entity usually means a company, person or legally
incorporated association.  Informal groups have no legal existance and
cannot hold copyright.  If "GeBR core team" is not legally
incorporated, you need to add the author(s)' name(s) instead.

Check http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for
more information, and update your files.

I notice that you nominated your licence as GPLv2 or later. Some of
your source files have the preamble to GPLv3+ whilst others have the
preamble for GPLv2+.  This should not be an obstacle to hosting on
savannah, but for consistency it would be best to change them all to
GPLv3 or later.

Also, I noticed in your description the phrase "based on open-source
technologies".  Savannah's mission is to host free software projects,
and we want the public to think of them as free software projects.  A
project description that refers to "open source" will tend to lead people to
think
of the project as "open source" instead of "free software".

We would be glad if you accept to use "free software" instead of "open
source" in your
project description.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please do so.
Upon review, we will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the
tracker's web interface by following the link below. Do not reply
directly; the registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we
will not receive such replies.

Regards,

John